This course has been developed by ACI Training and Consultancy Ltd to give personnel that work in office environments a broad understanding of health and safety legislation and employer and employee responsibilities. It can be used on induction and thereafter as refresher training. It includes information on all aspects of health and safety and the key learning outcomes are:
- To have an
understanding of The Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 the duty
on the employer and employee.
- To be introduced to The
Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, The Provision and Use of Work
Equipment Regulations 1998, Manual Handling Operations and
Regulations 1992, Personal Protective Equipment at Work 1992, Lone working
guidance, Display Screen Equipment Regulations etc., and how they apply in the
- To understand the meaning of hazard, risk and risk assessment
- To be familiar with COSHH and RIDDOR and the employee’s responsibility
- To be able to recognise the common work place hazards e.g. slips, trips
- To understand the importance of health and safety concerns e.g. stress,
- To know how to raise health and safety concerns
- To be familiar with
the Working Time Directive
- To be aware of the
- To understand the employee’s individual responsibility in reporting
incidents, ill health and near misses.
Health and Safety for Office Personnel - Some employers/agencies require this as mandatory - please check with your employer/agency if you are required to do this course before making a purchase.
Once you purchase the course, it is valid for you to take for 90 days.